Monday 14 August 2017

Mental toughness in shooting

I learnt something new recently.

Mental toughness applies to shooting as well. I never realized this in the past, or why i was a streaky shooter, but now i know.

And because I know, now I can improve.

Now I will apply what I am to my shooting.

1) Not focusing/worrying about things that are out of control
- you are out of control of the result of your previous shot
- you are out of control of your next shot
- you are out of control of the result of your current shot (If you were, you could get every shot in. Sometimes, the ball just doesn't go in. That is a fact.)

2) You are 100% in control of the current shot
You are not in control of the result of the current shot, but you are 100% in control of what you can do to improve the chances of it going in
- Focus
- Attitude
- Body Language
- Effort
- Thoughts
These are all things you are 100% in control of.

3) Don't worry about whether the shot goes in. Focus on what is needed to greatly increase your chances of making the shot
- One fluid motion
- Elbow tucked in
- Arm straight up
- Hold follow through

No comments: