Friday 28 July 2017

i dont wanna be the playmaker anymore

i want to be the scorer again
just like old times
but instead of isolation one v one poor shots like before, it'll all be good open shots. from ft line, from 3 point, layup, reverse layup, point blank floaters

i dont want to be the guy making my teammates better anymore
i want an ace to make me better

my angel has given me a glimmer of hope after i started getting my shot back with repeated practice. today, an ace showed me i could do it in games again.

today a new guy joined our group
at the start i was abit annoyed at him because he wasn't guarding me but he was roughing up one of my teammates pretty good. i could tell he was good, but he was very aggressive as well

then on one play, he switched onto me. and he pressured me with the same tight aggression he was doing on my teammates. but it was way too close for someone with my speed.
and he got shocked, because i could operate at a different speed. I casually held the ball then suddenly burst at my strong side, my right side. he was left behind and i scored an easy layup

after that, we ended up on the same team for our remaining games and i totally changed my mind about him

i dunno why he liked me so much, but he was focusing all his passing and screens and plays towards me. and he was good, so he knew exactly what he was doing, and i did too, so i got a TON of good open looks. and draining a few of them made him even more confident in me, and he created even more opportunities for me, which gave ME even more confidence in me, and i started draining all of them. I even scored a couple of three point shots in a single game, which was rare because i don't usually practice them.

then i scored the game winner.

and in the next game, i scored the game winner also.

Both were from the exact same spot. The exact spot i took hundreds of shots a week with my girl every week. Both were nothing but net.

With my confidence at all time highs and my shooting form rock solid, my bro gary challenged me to a one v one. i took 3 three point shots, and all went in.
The first was a decent enough shot, and just enough to swish in.

The next shot i heaved was totally off target, but it was lucky enough to hit the board and bounce right in.

The final shot was the important one. I kept my form steady and managed to shoot the 3 just like i shot it from my practice spot, at the free throw line. same form, same follow through, same height. i knew it was going in before it went in, and it did.

I'm ready to move to the 3 point line.

No comments: