Friday 22 September 2017

for 1 minute, i felt like curry

For one glorious full minute, i felt like stephen curry.

All my practice paid off.

Ive been practicing so hard, but my shot was stuck in limbo. from the free throw line, between the ft line and the 3 point line, the 3 point line. I was taking all these shots but not improving.

today it exploded.

i went down in slippers and normal clothing. my eyes were tired, so i needed to rest. i wasn't shooting properly at all. then i decided to take one step out of my normal range at the ft line. usually that would result in my percentage plummeting to the pits.

today it didn't plummet. it was going in.

i took yet another step out to nearly the 3 point line. it still felt good. it felt easy. my form was still steady despite the further distance (normally it would change).

I started messing around and taking 3 point shots from everywhere. usually i would only take shots from straight in front of the basket, in a direct line. this time i took from the right, the left, even the corners.

the 3s were going in. i wasn't sure how many, but at one point it had to be 40+%

and for 1 glorious minute, i scored 6-7 three point shots in a row.

i only started counting after the 3-4th shot, but it was at least 6 in a row, maybe 7. the 4th shot was a total miss, but my form was good, and it bounced on the rim in a lucky manner, rolled around and dropped in. i was on fire, and the 5th and 6th were complete swishes, nothing but the net. the 7th shot was good also, it felt great, but it missed unfortunately.

the main thing is 3 point shots were FEELING GOOD

the feel was completely there

i have hope

i can develop a 3 point shot

i know it for sure now

i felt it just now already

i know the feeling

No comments: